Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Mairzy Doats

I haven't posted anything for a while because I've been lazy.  In fact, I've been so lazy that I couldn't even think of a good excuse not to post and just had to come right out and admit to my slothfulness.

But then the indolent ooze in my skull bubbled up a flashback about those thrilling days of yesteryear, and I got stirred up enough to want to let everyone in on it.

It's a song called, "Mairzy Doats," and it was a hit when it came out in 1944.  According to Wikipedia, the song made the pop charts several times, and was  a number one sheet-music seller with sales of over 450,000 within the first three weeks of release.

"Mairzy Doats" will do absolutely nothing for you except rattle around in your skull for an indeterminate period after you first hear it.

This link is to one of the original recordings of "Mairzy Doats," by the Merry Macs.  The lyrics are translatable and at some point in the song are sung in ordinary English.

***

No comments:

Post a Comment