Friday, April 15, 2022

Preview of a Coming Attraction

I haven't posted in a while, been busy putting together a book-length project, a memoir that I'm going to run here in serial form.

Its title is Something to Do:  A Memoir of a Chicago Boyhood, 1932-1951.

The first part will appear on Monday, April 18.  Subsequent parts will appear on following Mondays.

Parts of this memoir have been published before, in an autobiography.  That autobiography attempted to cover my entire life; this memoir will cover only my boyhood, from infancy until I graduated from high school.

It gives glimpses of what life was like during the Great Depression and on the home front during World War II.

Its pages tell of family drama, childhood trauma, and stupid boy stunts.

You can expect to see about five to eight pages a week, on Mondays.  The whole thing will take about tw0 months to go through. 

Comments are appreciated.

***

No comments:

Post a Comment