Wednesday, January 24, 2018

My Lack of Will Power: A Report in the Stream of Unconsciousness

Listen I’ve been on this horrible I suppose I should say horrific because that’s the word everyone else is using these days because they can’t bring themselves to say or write horrible but take it from me it’s a horrible guilt trip about sugar and sugar has become an item of interest ever since medical science declared I have diabetes which really doesn’t bother me too much because I rarely eat dessert with a meal and I don’t spend money on candy bars or cellophane-wrapped grab-and-go fat tablets and if I want something sweet I like bakery pastries which are expensive and not always convenient so I don’t eat a lot of sugar anyway that is until a month ago at Christmas the next-door neighbor gave us some Ghirardelli chocolates and the guys across the street treated us to a box of chocolate-covered mints that were totally addictive like totally addictive and two weeks later I mentioned to the woman who lives next door to the guys across the street that the mints were great and I didn’t have but a few left and she said oh hers were gone days ago and so therefore I decided I would enjoy the goodies and not worry about the complications of diabetes because with senile-onset diabetes I’ll be dead before I could go blind or my feet fall off so it really shouldn’t be a problem except for the sugar high which pours thoughts and words through my skull like a torrent so fast that I can hardly wait to sign off and go up to the neighborhood donut shop for a chocolate-covered custard-filled thingy.

***

No comments:

Post a Comment