Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Nothing to Say, But I’ll Say It Anyway

I haven’t posted in several weeks because I’ve had nothing to say.

But two items in this week’s news are worth mentioning.

One, another proposal is being floated to divide California.  This one would sever interior California from coastal California.  The interior part of the state is largely rural, while the coast is heavily urban.  Read as follows:  rural equals Republican; urban equals Democrat.  Would there be Dust Bowl era signs at the urbanish borders saying “Opies [Old Progressives] Go Home”?

Two, the state department of transportation is beginning to favor building traffic roundabouts over planting stop signs at intersections.  If this goes far enough, I see it as a giant piece of symbolism.  No longer will America be a stop-and-go nation but one that that is more circuitous, more circumspect.

More later, when I still have nothing to say.


***

No comments:

Post a Comment